If you are thinking about having counselling or therapy it’s important to choose a counsellor or therapist that you can work with: one that is right for you.
My name is Gary Jones. I am a qualified counsellor and counselling supervisor. I am a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and listed on the BACP Register of Counsellors & Psychotherpists.
Below I have provided further information about myself which may help you to decide whether you would like to work with me. However, the best way of knowing whether we could work together successfully is to contact me for an informal discussion.
I started my practice in 2006 and I have experience of working with people from all sections of the community. I am now able to offer online and telephone counselling. My clients’ presenting issues have included:
- Physical and emotional abuse
- Depression and Low Mood
- Anxiety and Stress
- Social anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Bereavement and Loss
- Relationship difficulties
In addition to Perceptions Counselling and Psychotherapy, I have also previously worked as a volunteer counsellor in the following organisations:
- Simeon Centre Counselling Service - Bolton
- Wigan Borough Council’s Family Support Team Counselling Service
- Counselling Direct - Bury
As a professional, I realise the value of constantly looking to update and improve my practice. Below is a list of some recent CPD activities I have taken part in.
- Telephone & Webcam Counselling
- Safeguarding and managing risk through digital media
- Treating perfectionism
- Exploring infidelity in relationships
- Working with Bereaved Clients
- Diploma in Fieldwork Supervision - ABC Awards
- Diploma in Counselling - University of Salford (BACP Accredited)
- Certificate in Counselling - University of Salford
- CIPD Certificate in Training Practice - Manchester Open Learning
As a qualified counsellor and supervisor I base my practice on honesty, transparency and a firm belief in respect for individuals regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, cultural background or religious belief.